Re: PRE or POST NET config

Jesse Keating wrote:

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 17:40 +0100, Lloyd wrote:
Hi,

Would anyone care to share a script for a PRE or POST network configuration? I would like to prompt the person installing the system for their hostname, IP, netmask, default route and DNS settings if possible. Netconfig gets all screwed up on screen for some strange reason and my scripting skills are pretty low.

Why not use .unconfigured for the first time the system boots up it will
ask that prior to trying to start the network.

Hi Jesse,

Sorry do you have an example? I havent come across this before.

Cheers