RE: Kickstart hangs when removing sendmail

At least on my FC3 system:
sendmail is needed by a number of other packages
# rpm -e sendmail
error: Failed dependencies:
        /usr/sbin/sendmail is needed by (installed) redhat-lsb-1.3-4.i386
        smtpdaemon is needed by (installed) mdadm-1.6.0-2.i386

It is possible that this dependency is keeping it around
Elazar Rosenthal