Re: Kickstart hangs when removing sendmail

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Chris Mckenzie wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>My kickstart occasionally hangs indefinitely intermittedly when from my
>%post I call:
>
>	rpm -e sendmail

- Definitely indefinitely? Or just a really long time?
- Why not exclude sendmail from the package list in the kickstart file?
- ps/pstree on the Alt+F2 VT should show at which point the thing's hung
- rpm has various verbose/debugging flags which should help pin it down

Cheers,
Phil