Monitor detection during KS

Anyone doing anything nifty for detecting highest resolution of monitors during kickstarting. I ask before I start to look into this myself. The installer doesn't get most of the monitors correct resolutions so they are set low, easy enough to fix although one less set for some one to do the better.

Any thoughts, thanks.
Ryan