Using two network devices during installation

Hi.

I'm new to this list.

I'm trying to perform a kickstart installation (RHEL ES 3) on a machine that has two network interfaces. One of them is not used, and is not connected to the LAN. The other one must be used during installation.

The problem is that the interface that must not be used is eth0, and the other one is eth1. During the installation, eth0 is used, and so the installation does not work, as that interface is not connected to the network. We have several machines with the same hardware, and in some of them the "good" interface is eth0, while in others it's eth1.

I've tried to disable the unconnected network interface using the BIOS, but the installation still tries to use that network interface. I've also tried changing the IRQ settings in the BIOS, to no avail.

How does linux assign a device name to a network interface?

Can you disable a network interface in the ks.cfg file? Or can you tell which interface to use in that file?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Carlos Ortega González

  Iberia Sistemas