Re: Fully automated Kickstart Errors

For your reference. Not sure if you can access to this link :(

https://enterprise.redhat.com/issue-tracker/?module=issues&action="">

Following infos are excerpted from the issue 35828:
"...
I have run this by our installer engineers and they have confirmed you are seeing correct behavior. Anaconda is designed to check every disk it can find on the system for a valid partition table, if there isn't one, we warn the user and prompt them to re-initilize the disk.

If *** has strong feelings about this, we can take this up as an RFE to add an "ignoredisk" type option to kickstart.
"

The final comment by RedHat:
"
At this point, there isn't anything in Anaconda to tell it to just ignore a disk. The behavior has always been to prompt the user in the case of any disk problems regardless if you are actually installing to it or not.  I do not yet have an answer as to if we will add code to ignore certain disks during an installation.
"

Rgds,
WangNan
Inactive hide details for "Koree A. Smith" <koreesmith@xxxxxxxxx>"Koree A. Smith" <koreesmith@xxxxxxxxx>

          "Koree A. Smith" <koreesmith@xxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx

          2004-08-15 05:07

          Please respond to
          "Koree A. Smith" and Discussion list about Kickstart

kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

Fully automated Kickstart Errors

I've found plenty of information on this subject regarding the error,
but no workaround for it.  Basically, unless I repartition the drives
other than hda, I get an error saying that the parition information is
inconsistent, and then prompting me to click ignore or cancel.  If I
click "ignore", then the install continues without incident, and
everything is fine.  However, I'm trying to make this install
completely automated.  What I'm looking for is a way to continue past
this error:  1.  Without erasing the data on hdb, hdc, hdd, etc (only
hda), and, without having to press the enter key (as I will not be in
the same physical location as the server).  I have tried "autostep",
but autostep seems to bring me into an interactive install that
doesn't really auto or step through anything.  Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Koree A. Smith