From: Jeremy Silver [mailto:jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 12:51 PM
To: 'Discussion list about Kickstart'
Subject: RE: Issue with Aquiring DHCP

Do you have multiple ethernet interfaces?  Linux and the BIOS do not
always agree on which is the 'first' ethernet port(and therefore eth0)
in the system.  On some systems I have to use the second (as labeled on
the server
chassis) ethernet port for kickstart  as Linux see it as eth0, or
specify
eth1 as the ksdevice to use the first ethernet port.

--
Andy Ciordia, Network Engineer
Planned Giving Design Center (www.pgdc.com)