Re: Issue with Aquiring DHCP

Joe Robertson wrote:

No, I've not received those messages.  It does seem that there
are several similar problems that might all be related in some
way to a timing issue.

I'm not sure how it is determined that a device driver has been
loaded and is ready for use. It appears that in many cases some code makes an assumption that the driver is ready when
it is not.  This becomes more of a problem when a component
is of the GB persuasion...

Deffinitly deserves a bit of looking into.. Your patch sounds like a good idea I just don't want to go back through and repackage all the distros, yet again I don't know another way around it. I've got another 4 machines to work Kickstarts through it'll be interesting to see which of those cause (or lack there of) problems.

Since no one really had a good clue I'll report my findings on the rest of the machines and what occurs as I get to it.

-a

--
Andy Ciordia, Network Engineer
Planned Giving Design Center (www.pgdc.com)