Re: NFS kickstart fails with e1000.ko drivers

Joe Robertson wrote:

I have worked on isolating this by building a new initrd.img file (with
help thanks to Richard Black) that can run a bash script in place of
the binary /linuxrc that is in the initial file.  I tried loading the
e1000.ko file then adding a delay.  I got all of this working - as
evidenced
by output to the console.  However, anaconda ignores this and
reloads the e1000.ko file later - just before it declares an NFS
failure.
Make sure portfast is enabled on your switch. I know that causes us problems on gig cards if it isn't.

Michael

Disclaimer: The content of this message is my personal opinion only and although I am an employee of Intel, the statements I make here in no way represent Intel's position on the issue, nor am I authorized to speak on behalf of Intel on this matter.