Re: NFS kickstart fails with e1000.ko drivers

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Friday 07 May 2004 14:05, Joe Robertson wrote:

Question: Has anyone has been successful in running kickstart via NFS through
an Intel 82546EB network interface?

Is the module even able to load? We've seen the newer e1000 chipset boards require a newer driver from intel.com. Check your other ttys, to see if it even loads the e1000 driver.

If it is helpful to anyone, I have a working (moderately tested) patch of the latest version of the e1000 driver against the latest Fedora 2.4.22 kernel. It works for me, though I still have a weird, and probably completely unrelated, depmod issue in my kernels built with the patch (my kernels are pretty heavily patched, so I'm pretty confident it is unrelated).

And if I ever get a new installer image with the driver to work, I'll make it available...