Re: Fedora Core 2 Test 2 kickstart problems

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 14:10, Martin Robb wrote:
> At the moment, I'm leaning more towards a problem accessing the hard
> disk.  The anaconda-ks.cfg file works as is, but since the part and
> clearpart options are commented out, it takes you through an
> interactive install.  When I uncomment the part and clearpart options,
> it generates the "No driver found" window.

Yes, that sounds correct.

> Interesting.  I tried both the FC2t2 disk 1 and my install CD on a
> Proliant, the only alternative hardware I have readily available. The
> FC2t2 disk 1 does boot.  Both disks starve on a "Loading SCSI driver"
> window with the message "Loading CCISS" driver.  That is at least a
> different message.

Yes, this definitely looks like a hard drive driver issue.

> Actually the Proliant platform is my desired target, but I've had a
> good deal of trouble getting it to work with anything beyond RHL 7.x.

Yeah, I had a bit of trouble after 7.x too.  I think that there was some
memory line that I used for 8.0 and 9, but IIRC, FC1 worked fine for me.

> I'm not sure where to take it from here, except to try and scrounge up
> some hardware that will install flawlessly from FC2t2 disk 1 and see
> if it handles my install disk also.  Does anyone think this is worth
> escalating to bugzilla?

Have you tried using a newer kernel?  I would rebuild the discs with a
newer kernel to see if that helped with the hard drive issue.  If that
doesn't FC2test3 should be out next week, so you may want to try that
instead.

Forrest