Re: Multiple ks.cfg o a cdrom

Bodle, Donald E wrote:
Sorry about the word wrap or cut and paste problem.  Try this again:

root > cat boot/syslinux.cfg
implicit 1
prompt 1
display reyboot.msg
label i
  kernel vmlinuz
append ks=file:/install.cfg initrd=initrd.img lang= devfs=nomount label r
  kernel vmlinuz
  append ks=file:/reload.cfg initrd=initrd.img lang= devfs=nomount

install.cfg and reload.cfg are embedded in initrd.img:

root > ls initrd
bin  etc          linuxrc     modules  reload.cfg  tmp
dev  install.cfg  lost+found  proc     sbin        var

Thank you, it works now. The problem was that I read somewhere to put ks.cfg and others .cfg in the /tmp directory of the initrd. Which is wrong (at least on rh as, and probably on RH 7.x,maybe it's true for Redhat 9 and FC).

It is stange because I'm sure I tried something like

 linux ks=hd:hdc:/tmp/ks.cfg

which should do the same thing... (hdc is my cdrom drive)

--
cs