Limitations on %include

Im looking for some documentation on which kickstart commands / options can not be used with %include. For instance, it appears that the install method (-url http://... in my case) is required on the first kisckstart scan or at least well before the %pre scripts are executed that generate my files picked up by %include. I'm attempting to pick my network installation tree via a command line parameter used with a single common kickstart file, picking it up from /proc/cmdline in %pre and then customizing the install url via %include. Apparently the tree is already set at that point. I assume on consideration that must be so since the installer must pick up the stage2 images from the tree to continue?

Im starting to wade through kickstart.py but I'd appreciated any comments on a) what commands effectively can't be used in %include and b) other clean ways to accomplish the tree customization.

Regards,
Mark