Re: prompt for network info on CD based kickstart

James_Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I am unable to get a CD based kickstart to prompt for networking information. I have tried both leaving the network statement out of the cfg, and putting it just a lone "network" statement. Neither causes the installation to prompt me. After reading the doucmentation, it states that the installer won't prompt you for it if it isn't a network install. Is there another way to do this?
I remember people discussing this a couple of months ago - there is some special trick for rh7.x or something. Check the archives back to maybe November-ish ...
http://www.redhat.com/archives/anaconda-devel-list/

It's not a high traffic list so its not too bad for searching ...

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!