Re: offer multiple partitioning options

(reformated for threading)

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 James_Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Because I like to make things difficult!  Sometimes we engineers
>over-engineer.  Thanks for reminding me of the KISS principle.

Because the boot: prompt doesn't know about the size or layout of the
existing disk(s)? It's certainly easier/simpler to prompt at boot:, if
that fits the requirement, but %pre would allow you to prompt with
questions like "I notice you have Windows XP installed. Would you like
to shrink the FAT partition by 10GB and install Linux?"

Cheers,
Phil