Re: Python Kickstart Modules Documentation

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 23:27:00 -0600
Richard Laager [Richard] wrote:

[...]
Richard> Also, is there any sort of Python module shipped with RedHat Linux
Richard> that I can use to resolve package dependencies? Currently there are
Richard> packages in the base install that I don't want in my base install.
Richard> So, I have to specify those with -package_name. But, if one of the
Richard> packages I want in a particular configuration depends on one of those
Richard> packages, I do want to install it. Currently that means manually
Richard> resolving dependencies. This is very fragile as one would expect and
Richard> needs a ton of tweaking for each new release.

not shipped with RedHat but you could check rpm-analyzer:
http://www.maisondubonheur.com/rpm-analyzer/

cheers,

--
Alain