Intel e1000 and Cisco 10/100 switch negotiate too long for kickstart dhcp start

I'm having problems with Intel e1000 GB network adapters on a Cisco switch while trying to NFS kickstart. The problem appears to be that the e1000 GB card takes too long to autonegotiate the speed and duplex connection when connecting to a 10/100 Cisco switch. I am booting off a floppy disk built from www.etherboot.com which boots off of a network tftp CDRom boot image. This allows for non interactive kickstarts.

The node i'm trying to kickstart seems to boot and go into the DHCP request part of the kickstart before the e1000 card's link light negotiates the speed and duplex. The DHCP part times out and then goes into manual interaction of configuration of the IP information. It asks for the IP information since it doesn't get the DHCP info back in time. The e1000 does eventually negotiate to 100MB Full duplex, but it takes around 20 seconds or more on the Cisco 10/100 switch for this to happen, and by that time the kickstart is in manual interaction mode.

Also, I don't have this problem when using a small 10/100 Linksys hub I have. I am required to get this working on the Cisco switch, though. It appears to be a long negotiation issue between the e1000 and the Cisco switch.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions to this problem?

Some thoughts:
Is there something on the Cisco switch I can change to improve autonegotiation speed? (I've tried forcing the speed and duplex on the switch, but that doesn't help) (I have not yet tried forcing the e1000 speed and duplex, because i'm not sure how) Can the kickstart dhcp request delay timeout of the kickstart install be increased somehow? Is there a way to set this delay on the CD install boot image I got from CD1 /isolinux/initrd.img or /isolinux/vmlinuz?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jeff

Gift-shop online from the comfort of home at MSN Shopping! No crowds, free parking. http://shopping.msn.com