Couple of issues I need help with..

Hi All,

Multiple questions here :)

#1 - tg3/bcm5700 drivers

I am using Compaq hardware for kickstarting Advanced Server 2.1 and when
the boxes come up, they are not bringing up eth0(which I provide all the
ip information for) because its not loading the tg3 driver module.  In my
/etc/modules.conf it has bcm5700 which is the wrong driver to use, it
should be tg3.  How can I tell the install to use tg3 for the driver ?  It
works fine when I ILO to the box and issue an "insmod tg3" and then
"service network restart" commands.

#2 - PXE Server

We have a rather large data center, with lots of VLANs set up for various
servers.  Internal VLANS, 3 Tier hosting network VLANS, etc etc.  What is
the best way to get PXE working in this environment ?  Should I use a
second private VLAN that each of my eth1 ports are put on ?  And run DHCP
on that?  We dont currently run any kind of DHCP.  I'd like to be able to
run DHCP based on mac address to assign a "build" IP to eth1 (or eth0 if
that will work).  Anyone have any ideas on the best way to set up a PXE
boot environment that will be relatively simple to use and document for
others to use.  I'd like to keep it as simple, and hands off as possible.
It'd be great if I could get a server racked and cabled, then PXE boot it
based on MAC address, have it build itself then have the server remove
itself from the PXE environment or something like that.

Very open to best practices and standards that anyone has on this.  Your
welcome to contact me off list if you dont want to discuss it on here.

Thankyou in advance for the help :)

--
IT is Dead.  The industry is Shot
Join Others Who Feel Your Pain