Re: ks.cfg generation

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Millard, Matt wrote:
> Are there any known tools out there that will generate a ks.cfg file for
> an existing system.  I know about the anaconda-ks.cfg file that is
> produced after an install, but I want to generate one for a system that
> has had new software installed, new file systems created, etc.
Yeah, on newer systems redhat-config-kickstart, or on older
systems ksconfig.

Be careful when using these on RH9 as RedHat managed to break the
--generate optionsthrough typos in the Python code (Bugzilla'd and fix
sent through sometime ago). They have apparently integrated the fixes in
Fedora.

For those wanting a fix you need to do the following:
CD into /usr/share/redhat-config-language and copy language_backend.py to
languageBackend.py
cp language_backend.py languageBackend.py

Next edit languageBackend.py and change the line that reads class
LanguageBackend to read languageBackend

et viola fixed

Of course be aware that ksconfig/redhat-config-kickstart with --generate
dont appear to know anything about Package groups so just list every
single RPM into the ks file :(

HTH