RE: Kickstarting a running server

Sure, I do that to permit us to hands-off kickstart
without a network or cdrom required.

As somebody else mentioned, it also works fine without
a monitor and video card if you have a serial console setup,
assuming you have things set up in grub and the o/s
via %post to enable a serial console ala the serial console
howto.

I set up different directories on my home system to try
different versions of RH or different configurations,
and kickstart the one I want to play with, then kickstart
back to the normal one when I'm done.

One thing you have to know is that you can't reference
the partition you have your iso images on unless you do
it in %post.  Kickstart mounts the partition as /tmp/isodir
at the beginning, and if you define it in the normal partition
section, it'll try to mount over an already mounted partition
and anaconda aborts.

If you want to remount the isodir partition in %post and
it's ext3, you need to specify the -t ext2 flags in your
mount command, works fine.

-------- vince.skahan@xxxxxxxxxx ----------
                Cabin Network
         connexion by Boeing sm