Re: Kickstarting a running server

C> In other words, is there an executable I can run on a node computer
C> to make a the server rekickstart off a kickstart server?  I want to
C> do this without a boot disk or cdrom.

I put a stanza in /etc/grub.conf (edit as appropriate):

title Reinstall
        lock
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz.reinstall ks=http://kickstart.server/ks.cfg
        initrd /initrd.reinstall

Grab the vmlinuz and initrd from the install CD and put them in /boot.
Then when you want to reinstall, just edit grub.conf, change the
default= line and remove the "lock".  The system will kickstart
itself, no bood media is required (besides the hard disk, of course).

 - J<