Re: problems getting kickstart file through http

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 02:00, Philip Rowlands wrote:
> Either configure your webserver to return the "right thing" from the URL
> actually being requested, or try:
>
> >	linux ks=http://kickstartserver//kickstart.cgi
>
> as the ks file specifier; this might fool urls.c into not prepending
> "/.".

Thank you for pointing out the relevant source section. It shows that
this behaviour is by design.

Adding a second slash after the server name unfortunately did not help.
(Neither did a number of variations of slashes and dots).
And since I was running tux as standalone http server, there was not
much I could configure.

I have now installed Apache on the server, and everything works fine. So
it seems that this is really a tux problem and not anaconda.

I have had it with tux now. Eventhough I shudder at the idea of
installing a 1MB package (=httpd) for the sole purpose of serving a 5K
kickstart configuration file, I am not willing to waste my time any
longer on any more tux issues.

Thank you for your help.

--
Stefan Christians