Re: SMS for Linux?

cfengine, will among other things, run shell commands, which
handles about anything and everything one can think of :-)
including installing/removing software.

James Olin Oden wrote:

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Paul Fernandes wrote:

MessageHave you looked at cfengine?  I just started to delve into the
documentation.

http://www.cfengine.org

But wouldn't you have to combine cfengine with something like yum?
cfengine, as I understand it, only covers converging configs to a particular state, it does not handle software delivery. Or am I wrong?

Cheers...james
Paul

==============
Paul Fernandes
Senior Systems Administrator
LION bioscience Research, Inc.      Voice: +1-617-245-5477
141 Portland Street, 10th Floor     Mobile: +1-781-727-6486
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139      FAX: +1-617-245-5499
USA                                 email:
paul.fernandes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.lionbioscience.com
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
e-mail is strictly forbidden. Any attachment - if any - to this message has
been checked for viruses, but please rely on your own virus checker and
procedures, as we do not bear any responsibility and/or liability for
damages resulting in this regard or connected therewith.