Re: hardening script?

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 05:02:50PM -0600, Lambert, Eric wrote:
> I've taken a look at this today...but wanted to know if someone had
> already crafted it into a kickstart config.   ...but thanks!
>
> Can bastille be automated somehow that I did not see?

Yes, unless I'm misunderstanding your question. Run Bastille on a sample
system, and after configuring it, there should be a file
/etc/Bastille/config. On your kickstarted systems, get Bastille
installed in %post and copy your /etc/Bastille/config file into place.
You can then apply the saved config to the new system using
"bastille -b -n" (-b for batch, and I use -n because I don't install the
X interface). I'm not actually sure whether you can run bastille in %post
directly - I just do the installation, reboot, and run bastille from
a "first-time boot" rc script.

G.
Graham Allan
School of Physics and Astronomy - University of Minnesota