From: kickstart-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:kickstart-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Xavier Fustero
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 9:08 AM
To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: tftp problem

Hi,

I am trying to use kickstart on IBM e-servers (blades hs20, type 8678)
 with GigaEthernet broadcom bcm5700. I readed all documentation to
install this with PXE-kickstart. Actually I started to play on that but
I don't success. I got it working from a floppy but when I try to run
automatically on network it fails.

** dhcp:
I have a dhcp server running on an alpha server. It works and provide
the ip to any of our machines.
dhcp.conf for the blades:
-----------------
group {
   use-host-decl-names on;
   %%CLASS_ENTRY_BEGIN web-blades
   host %HOSTNAME% {
   hardware ethernet %HW-ADDRESS%;
   fixed-address %HOSTNAME%;
   next-server my_SERVER;
   filename "pxelinux.0";

Actually, if I change the sort of the last two lines it doesn't boot(?).

** PXE
/tftpboot:
default.netboot-7.3  initrd.img    pxelinux.0  pxelinux.cfg  vmlinuz  X86PC

/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg:
CB1EG... (hexadec. link to default.netboot-7.3)   default
default.netboot-7.3

default.netboot-7.3 contains:
label ks
  kernel vmlinuz
  append ksdevice=eth1
ks=nfs:my_nfs_server:/whatever/ip_number-kickstart initrd=initrd.img
lang= devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=8192

** tftp:
tftp-server-0.29-3
server_args             = -s /tftpboot
or
server_args             = -c -s /tftpboot

** ks.cfg
url --url http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/7.3/en/iso/i386

When I boot the blade, it gets the ip from my dhcp, the PXE message
appears on the screen and it starts to boot the vmlinuz and the initr.
However, the ks doesn't seems to be read because it starts the
installation asking: Choose a language,...... so I have to make all the
installation process manually.  I look on my /var/log/messages from the
master machine (pxe, tftp and nfs server) and I got the following message:

..... in.tftpd[9095]: tftp: client does not accept options

Can someone help me on this issue?
Thanks a lot,
Xavi

--