RHL 9.0 custom boot install floppy error.

Hi,

I've created a linux kickstart boot floppy and an NFS share which
has the RHL 9.0 rpms. I've gone ahead and added all the updated
rpm's from updates.redhat.com to the archive and updated the hdlists.

The I've added my network driver to the kernel modules and the
system get's an IP from the DHCP server and mounts the NFS drive
no problemo.

It then works it's way through the ks.cfg file, formatting the disk
and partitioning it properly.  I'm getting stuck when trying to install
the first RPM, glibc-common-2.3.2-27.9.i386.rpm. Anaconda gives me an
error saying the media is most likely corrupt however if I alt+F2 to a
shell and try to install the rpm by hand, I get the following error:

  error: cannot get shared lock on /var/lib/rpm/Packages
  error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - operation not permitted
  error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
  warning: glibc-common-2.3.2-27.9.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID db42a60e
  error: unpacking of archive failed on the file /usr/bin/catchsegv;3f8724a7: cpio: mkdir failed - Inappropriate ioc tl for device

I'm not sure what's going on, I thought perhaps /var/ was read only,
but I'm able to create files in /var/lib/rpm/. The permissions for
/var/lib/rpm/Packages are 644.. so I have no idea what the problem
could be. Any ideas? Thanks!

        --joey