Re: Problem with ks and Ilo

Hi,

you dont mention what version of Redhat, but I'll take a shot.

i have built a number of RHEL (AS 2.1) systems, and found that i had to
update to 1.27 for the firmware on the ILO for it to work correctly.  I
also had to use a special boot.img from HP that contained the right
drivers for the USB stuff and for the bcm5700 network card.

There is this -->
http://wwss1pro.compaq.com/support/reference_library/viewdocument.asp?source=ES021122_CW01.xml&dt=3

and I also ran into this issue aswell while updating 2 servers (it stopped
at 96% .. i left it for 45 minutes then closed the window.. no damage was
done and it wwas actually updated) -->
http://h71025.www7.hp.com/support/reference_library/viewdocument.asp?countrycode=1000&prodid=2235&source=ES021007_CW02.xml&dt=3&docid=13031

and the new boot.img (Network Bootdisk) can be dound here... -->
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/supportsoftware/linux/RedHat/bootnet.img

their wording is :
" Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) Virtual Floppy Installation Addendums:

    * To perform a virtual floppy installation, a special bootnet.img
diskette must be used. Continue to use the virtual floppy instructions
as shown in the general OS installation HOWTO."

from -->
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/linux/installnotes-dl.html

I am working on PXE next, I can build the server fine over ILO/Kickstart
from a HTTP server.

--
Zate