From: trax [mailto:traxtopel@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 3:38 PM
To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: %include statement

Thanks Donald,
I think however I am wondering if you can use the %include for any field in
ks.cfg. Can I say add a %include /tmp/url And via a menu(I use dialog) in
%pre generate/select an entry echo "url --url ftp://me.bloggs.com/redhat"; >
/tmp/url

I have tried this but it does not seem to get read. Any tips?

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 21:30, Bodle, Donald E wrote:
> [...]
> ls /proc/ide/hdb > /dev/null 2>&1
> if [ $? -eq 0 ]
> then # hdb means cdrom is not hda, so ide disks exist
>   echo "Setting up IDE based partitioning" > /dev/tty3
>   echo "Setting up IDE based partitioning at `date`" >>
> /tmp/reyinstall.log # okay, here we have to use fdisk to do
> partitioning instead of letting # anaconda do it.  We already know its
> an ide device.  Just have to create # the right partitions with the
> right sizes
>
> # start out fresh
> echo | fdisk /dev/hda << EOF
> EOF
> # now start creating partitions
> echo | fdisk /dev/hda << EOF
> 1
>
> +64M
> 2

> +4096M
>
> +2048M
>
> +2047M
> 7
> 82
>
> +512M
>
> +448M
>
> +320M
>
> +256M
> EOF
>   echo "IDE based partitioning completed" > /dev/tty3
>   echo "IDE based partitioning completed at `date`" >> /tmp/reyinstall.log
>   fdisk -l > /dev/tty3
>   fdisk -l >> /tmp/reyinstall.log
>   cat >> /tmp/partfile << EOF
> part /boot --onpart hda1
> part swap  --onpart hda7
> part /     --onpart hda10
> part /tmp  --onpart hda6
> part /usr  --onpart hda5
> part /var  --onpart hda8
> part /opt  --onpart hda11
> part /rs1  --onpart hda9
> EOF
>   echo "/dev/hda11" > /tmp/INSMGR_DEV
> else # if no hdb, then cdrom is hda, and scsi disks exist
>   echo "Setting up SCSI based partitioning" > /dev/tty3
>   echo "Setting up SCSI based partitioning at `date`" >>
> /tmp/reyinstall.log # okay, here we have to use fdisk to do
> partitioning instead of letting # anaconda do it.  We already know its
> a scsi device.  Just have to create # the right partitions with the
> right sizes
>
> # start out fresh
> echo | fdisk /dev/sda << EOF
> EOF
> # now start creating partitions
> echo | fdisk /dev/sda << EOF
> 1
>
> +64M
> 2

> +4096M
>
> +2048M
>
> +2047M
> 7
> 82
>
> +512M
>
> +448M
>
> +320M
>
> +256M
> EOF
>   echo "SCSI based partitioning completed" > /dev/tty3
>   echo "SCSI based partitioning completed at `date`" >>
/tmp/reyinstall.log

--
trax <traxtopel@xxxxxxxxxx>