Rebuilding Redhat 7.3 for kickstart

has anyone rebuilt redhat 7.3 with the 2.4.20-19.7 kernel and had any
success?  it appears to me, when it tries to build cdboot.img via
anaconda, the 2.88MB limit is reaches due to the new vmlinuz BOOT kernel
being larger than the 2.4.18 version of it.  that causes the img files
in RedHat/base/*.img to not rebuild since anaconda bombs out on
cdboot.img.  then, none of the modules are found in stage2.

major hacking on the anaconda source to cause cdboot.img to be twice as
large is my temproary fix, then rebuilding cdboot.img into 2.88MB with
some stripped out modules.  not very elegant, but i guess it will do.

just wondering if anyone else has ran into this?

dallas