RE: Kickstart-list digest, Vol 1 #829 - 6 msgs

I use the PXE server method (active not the passive pxelinux.cfg method) to
boot the nodes.  I currently use the ks:file=/tmp/ks.cfg method.  I place
the ks.cfg file into the loopback mounted image of linux.2 (which I believe
is the initrd.img file from the RH9 disk.  Is there someplace to change the
pointer to the ks file within the linux.1 (which I believe is the kernel
from the RH9 bootdisk).  I tried many solutions and I still have to manually
add the append= line when booting when the node contacts the PXE server.

The kickstart method that I used is pretty close to the method described in
the Jan/Feb 2003 issue of Linux Magazine by Forrest Hoffman.

Also I noticed that I have trouble finding the NFS directory where I have
the RH9 CDS on the first try.  By this I mean, I get the "cant find/connect
to the listed NFS server for the install" red/blue text screen.  The box
comes up to modify the NFS server location.  I simply click on Enter,
without changing my existing parameters, and the install proceeds without
user intervention and processes my ks file and my %post configuration.

Other than these two nagging issues, my nodes get installed with (almost) no
user intervention.

Oh, I have a problem with the %post section accepting my encrypted password
for regular user accounts.  I works fine on the root account.

Thanks for any help.

Bob

Message: 6