redhat 8 bootable kickstart trouble

I have been searching around for a bit, and so far haven't found a solution to this problem.

I am creating a custom install of Redhat 8, and now i need it to be kickstarted as well. Where do i put the kickstart file so that the installer recognizes it. I have tried to unzip and mount the initrd.img file under the isolinux directory, and then installing the ks.cfg file under the tmp directory of the initrd.img image. And changed the isolinux.cfg file to read

default ks
prompt 0
timeout 60
display boot.msg
F1 boot.msg
F2 options.msg
F3 general.msg
F4 param.msg
F5 rescue.msg
F7 snake.msg
label ks
  kernel vmlinuz
  append ks initrd=initrd.img lang= devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=9216

However, the install cannot find the ks.cfg file.
The non-kickstart install works fine, so obviously this is where i am screwing up.
Am I way off base, or almost there?
Any help would be appreciated.

Patrick Simon