Re: Creating an ext2 kickstart boot floppy

BA> I have found in the RedHat docs that kickstart will support
BA> booting off an ext2 floppy, but can't find instructions to build
BA> an ext2 floppy for kickstart.

The stock boot floppies use Syslinux, and that boots off of FAT
filesystems only.  However, you should be able to install Grub on an
ext2 floppy just fine; I've done it before.  Then you can boot the
kernel and initrd that way.

I have no idea whether anaconda will mount and read the floppy once
it's running.  It should be able to, since it can obviously handle
ext2, but it may not be written to expect ext2 floppies.

 - J<