Kickstart with minimal install adds more files

Hi, when I do a RH9 install manually, with the minimum config, it usually ends up being around 500mb. When I try to do a kickstart with no packages selected, it ends up being around an 800mb install. I checked the packages between the two and there appears to be a few hundred extra rpms. Any idea whats happening? Thanks.