Changing partition information in pre section

If a script in the %pre section modifies the /tmp/ks.cfg file, does it have
to do anything special to get anaconda to be aware of the changes?  For some
reason, anaconda keeps aborting the install with this error message: "Unable
to locate partition /dev/hda6 to use for /."  I've manually verified that
the partition table exists.  They're also properly partitioned and formatted
with the proper sizes (I've tried to mount it manually).  What could I be
missing?

Thanks for any help.

This e-mail has been captured and archived by the ZANTAZ Digital Safe(tm)
service.  For more information, visit us at www.zantaz.com.
IMPORTANT: This electronic mail message is intended only for the use of the
that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable
law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
telephone or directly reply to the original message(s) sent.  Thank you.