Create and populate Compaq Diagnostic Partition

Hello everyone,

I am using kickstart (network install) on a Compaq machine. What I'd like to
do is create and populate  the Compaq System Partition(CSP)  aka Compaq
Diagnostic partition using kickstart.

In the KS file, the 1st step ie create the partition is working fine I just
have an entry in the
kickstart file like this.
part /compaq --fstype vfat --size=40 --start=1 --ondisk=cciss/c0d0
--asprimary

in the post inslall section I set the partition type (0x12) to Compaq
Diagnostic for partition (p3) using /sbin/fdisk

The next step is to populate the partition with all diagnostic utility aka
Configuration System Utility. When I do a straight linux copy from a linux
partition onto the system partition (vfat) I get a device full although I
know that I have plenty of space left on the device. I don't know why ?

The other problem I get is happening when I boot the m/c using the SCU floppy
disk the vfat partition is recognised
but the SCU stiil ask to create a system partition ??? if anyone knows why
then please explain that to me.

What I don't want is
(1) Create a CSP and populate it using SmartStart CD or
disk floppy ?

Any infos or pointers will be appreaciated.

Best Regards.

JC.
jct@xxxxxxxxxxx