Re: LVM on top of software RAID?

CA> Look at the logs in /tmp - how big are they (especially the LVM
CA> and RAID logs)?

Unfortunately I've rebooted since then, trying various things.  If I
put / and /boot on normal partitions and everything else on logical
volumes, the volumes get created but they are all assigned the same
device minors and so when they get mounted all hell breaks loose.

Also, every second install attempt (with no changes to the kickstart
file) fails with "SystemError: vgremove failed".  Truly odd.

OK, I duplicated it.  The syslog is filled with messages like this:

lvm - lvm_map access beyond end of device: *rsector 8388500 or size: 2
wrong for minor: 0

The sector number increments by two for each line.  /proc/mdstat shows
that the RAID stripes are running correctly and /proc/lvm/global shows
that all of the volume groups and volumes have been created with
proper sizes.  So I'm at a loss.

I guess I'm bouncing off of some huge disk limit somewhere.  Nothing
is sized above 2TB so it shouldn't be that.  I'll try making smaller
volumes tomorrow.

 - J<