Re: dual booting kickstart

Stephen Mah wrote:

I have a kickstart file that clears all the partitions on a hard-drive and installs RH automatically.

I have a few users that still need to run Windows.

I made some modifications to the kickstart file to allow semi-interactive installs.

I basically remarked the following:
#clearpart --all --initlabel
#part /boot --size 75
#part swap --recommended
#part swap --size 500
#part /tmp --size 512
#part / --fstype ext3 --size=1 --grow

This works on systems with space left on the Windows D drive.
I manually deleted the D drive and created the slices with FDISK during the RH install screen.

Any way to automate this with a %pre install script? Is there a way to get fdisk to delete the partition with a single command? ie: delete /dev/hda5

see "man parted".
Or you can pipe the commands into fdisk.  Example:
echo "d
5

" |fdisk /dev/hda

-thanks