Re: Installing extra RPMs from CD using kickstart

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 02:17:15PM -0700, Mark Denni wrote:

> Nitebirdz -
>
> Did you check the archives? I just saw the answer to your question a
> little while
> ago?
>
> Here it is:
> >
> > %post --nochroot
> > mkdir -p /mnt/source
> > mount /tmp/cdrom /mnt/source
> >         /\
> >
> > <lots of commands>
> >
> >         \/
> > umount /mnt/source

This didn't work, giving me the following errors at the console:

* Writing autokickstart file
/tmp/ks-script: /bin/echo: No such file or directory
/tmp/ks-script: /bin/mkdir: No such file or directory
/tmp/ks-script: /bin/mount: No such file or directory
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - No such file or directory
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
/tmp/ks-script: /bin/umount: No such file or directory

I can see how the "/tmp/ks-script" errors are my own fault for using the
absolute path for the commands instead of the relative one assuming that
they are in my path.  However, it still fails to install the RPMs from the
CD with the errors I listed above.

In any case, I replied separately to another suggestion that worked just
fine.  Thanks anyways... it may have been my own fault, failing to
understand what you meant.

Nitebirdz

Mozilla--> http://www.mozilla.org/
Linux XFS--> http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/