RE: Installing software from a non-RH cd

See if the command 'eject' works

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Lunde [mailto:Jeff_Lunde@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 10:08 AM
To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Installing software from a non-RH cd

My kickstart is working just fine, but I need to add something to the whole
process.  We have some software we need to add to the server before it is
considered done.

This software is going to be supplied on a 3rd CD (the first two being RH1
and RH2, both 7.3 o/s).  There are some driver revisions that need to be
made at that time, which I would like to add to the script as well. My
question is as follows:

1.  Can I get the kickstart to eject the cd, and prompt for the 3rd CD, even
though it is not a RH cd?
2.  After the 3rd cd is inserted, start installing the software as I would
any other %post script commands?

I guess my problem is getting the Kickstart to eject, and prompt for 3rd CD,
which is burned by myself.  Given the wide use of this kickstart as an
emergency set for the field and elsewhere, I can't do the network install
method, and I have never made my own ISO before (maybe this is the
solution??).  Maybe I am over-thinking this :-}

As always, I look forward to your suggestions.  It would be ideal to wrap
all of this in the kickstart script, the way things are going to be used.

Cheers,

JJL

Personal Motto:  If you are going to jump in a grave, do it with both feet

Jeffrey Joneal Lunde
Product Certification Engineer

Email:  Email:  jeff_lunde@xxxxxxx

CNT