Re: FW: where to put my scripts on cd?

You can put your scripts anywhere you want on the cdrom but here are the
ground rules:

      - %pre scriplets can see the cdrom under /mnt/source
      - The cdrom is not mounted in %post scriptlets.  You can use it
though, you just have
               to mount it (and be sure you un mount it).  Finally, to do
this you have to run your
         %post stuff with --nochroot.

Here is an example:

      %post --nochroot
      mkdir -p /mnt/source
      mount -o ro /tmp/cdrom /mnt/source
      if [ $? != 0 ]
      then
          echo "ERROR: Could not mount Install CDROM!" >&2
          exit 1
      fi

      /mnt/source/your_script

      umount /mnt/souce

Cheers..james

                      "Joshi, Vinay (MED,
                      GEMS-IT)"                    To:      <kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
                      <Vinay.Joshi@xxxxxxx         cc:
                      e.com>                       Subject: FW: where to put my scripts on cd?
                      Sent by:
                      kickstart-list-admin
                      @redhat.com

                      04/30/03 02:13 AM
                      Please respond to
                      kickstart-list

Sorry I mailed it on wrong id and was wondering why no one is helping me
out?

Hi,
 I was using a kickstart floppy for my system installation which
does may things in post install section and  after reboot. Currently I
used to mcopy the floppy contents to hard disk and create rc5 links to
run them after reboot.

Now I want to elininate the kickstart floppy and put everything on CD

>From documentation I could figure out that is have to place my ks.cfg in
tmp directory of inird image.
But I can't add other scripts (around 50 of them) to this dir as initrd
size goes big.

1.Which is the right place to put my scripts on cdrom?
2.from ks.cfg how do I know the location of this scripts to copy them to
harddisk?
 I mean what should be my relative path to call "cp " command be
in the %post section of my ks.cfg
 (on floppy I had a simple mcopy a:\...)

regards and thx in advance
vinay