RE: Passing args to modules and Expert

You could try to unwrap the ramdisk and change the insmod parameters.. only way I can think of doing it..

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean P. Kane [mailto:spkane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2003 5:33 PM
To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Passing args to modules and Expert

No, the problem is I need the installer to use these kernel module
parameters.

Basically, I start the kickstart install, the installer starts and then
loads the aic7xxx.o module and it freezes the system. I need the
installer to pass a module parameter to that module when it loads it.
How do I do this? I thought that maybe using the "dd" or "expert" kernel
parameter might work, since I could load the module with the parameters,
before the system tries to, but then it doesn't seem to do a kickstart
install anymore (could be another problem however).

Any thoughts?

Sean P. Kane
spkane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lead Infrastructure Architect
Genomatica, Inc.
"When we destroy something man has created we call it vandalism......
 When we destroy something that Gaia has created we call it progress."