Re:not quite happy with RH9 kickstart

Hi,

I have a similar problem to moreta, though not quite the same.

I have a number of systems without CD drives that I need to install RH9 on. I am trying to install via NFS, and would like to be able to boot automatically from a single floppy disk without interaction from a user.

I have managed to add the appropriate network drivers for the NFS install to the bootdisk.img image, and have also created a basic kickstart file. However, whatever I do, the install always breaks out to ask me to specify drivers or supply a drivers disk.

If I specify the 'e100' driver which I have included on the disk, the install continues perfectly.

I have tried adding the line 'device ethernet e100' into my kickstart config file, but this just throws up an error: 'install exited abnormally error signal 11'.

Does the 'device ethernet e100' line have to be in a specific place in the kickstart file, or is there another way to specify which network driver to use in the kickstart?

Thanks for any help,

Tim