RE: [Yum] deploying and maintaining linux networks howto

> 2 problems with triggers
>
> 1. they're godawful messy
> 2. that would mean modifying every pkg you wanted to add a trigger to
> I was thinking: have yum have a separate config file that maintained a
> list of commands vs lists of pkg names that way it could be more
> trivially updated.
>
> -sv

In our upgrade script where I work, we actually resorted to something very
much like
that for backouts.  The problem we ran into was an erase script can detect
that it
is in an erase or an upgrade, but not a down grade.  So we had our backout
script
figure out what rpms would be rolled back in the transactional rollback we
wanted to
do, sort them in reverse dependency order, and then look for scripts by the
rpm's
NEVR and if they exist run them.

Though I must say, I like triggers (-;

Cheers..james