Re: SMP Kernel even when I don't have a duel processor

tseigl wrote:
When I am using kickstart to install Red Hat 8 or 9 and allow the
bootloader to default to grub I always get the smp kernel option in grub
even if I don't have a duel processor.

Do you have a multi-processor motherboard? The SMP kernel will be installed on a multi-processor motherboard, even if there is only one processor installed. That way, you can install a processor without having to add a kernel ;o)

As far as I have seen, it is safe to run an SMP kernel on a UP machine.

Forrest