Re: PXE kickstart with Windows DHCP

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 07:55:30AM -0700, Ajay Mulwani wrote:

> Could anyone please let me know why it is not possible
> to Kickstart a client using PXE in a network with MS
> Windows as DHCP server?
>
> If the above statement is not correct, please advise
> the method to do so.

It is possible, you just have to configure the dhcp server to deliver the
next-server and filename options, or whatever the equivalent setting on
your dhcp server is.  If you don't have access to configure the dhcp
server correctly, then you can't do pxe installs, regardless of what dhcp
server you are using.

--
Jason Kohles                                 jkohles@xxxxxxxxxx
Senior Engineer                 Red Hat Professional Consulting