Re: ks] Re: hands-off upgrade

I haven't used an "append" before with grub, and couldn't find anything
on the syntax in the grub info page, at least the commands section, but
here's an example from some Redhat documentation that came up in a
google search:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.2-Manual/install-guide/s1-trouble-after.html
default=0
timeout=30
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.6-2)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.2.6-2 ro root=/dev/hda3
        append="mem=128M"

Perhaps your append line should be:
append="ksdevice=eth0 load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=0 ramdisk_size=32768
network ks=http://15.8.27.142/ks.cfg";

I would avoid any line break, make it all one line.

-Ed