Re: rpmtsOrder failed, 623 elements remain

Sorry Seth,

I would not have mentioned it if I knew that.   I have my own dependency
checking script that
works with RPM 4.2, but alas its proprietary...james

                      seth vidal
                      <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxx         To:      kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
                      u>                           cc:
                      Sent by:                     Subject: Re: rpmtsOrder failed, 623 elements remain
                      kickstart-list-admin
                      @redhat.com

                      04/17/03 09:38 AM
                      Please respond to
                      kickstart-list

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 09:12, Chris Rouch wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 14:12, james.oden@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > rpmtsOrder is what orders an rpm transaction by dependencies.  If this
> > failed, then you should care, because
> > somewhere along the way you have some missing dependencies.   Here is
> > link to a script that
> > will give you what items actually failed:
> >
> >       http://www.dulug.duke.edu/treetools/depchecktree.py
>
> I think either I have something missing or this script doesn't work
> under red hat 9. I get the following python errors on the first rpm it
> checks:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/cr/scripts/depchecktree", line 129, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/home/cr/scripts/depchecktree", line 120, in main
>     (error,msgs) = depchecktree(treerpmlist)
>   File "/home/cr/scripts/depchecktree", line 93, in depchecktree
>     h = readHeader(rpmfn)
>   File "/home/cr/scripts/depchecktree", line 42, in readHeader
>     (h,src) = rpm.headerFromPackage(fd)
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'headerFromPackage'
>
> 'headerFromPackage' is in rpmmodule.so from rpm-python-4.0.4-7x.18 on a
> redhat 7.2 box (so strings tells me), but not in the one from
> rpm-python-4.2-0.69.
>
> Also, /usr/share/comps-extras/getfullcomps.py does some dependency
> checking and returns without errors, so I'm not sure that this is the
> problem.

true - that script is for rpm4.0.4 systems - not rpm 4.2 systems - I'm
the guy who wrote it. :)

If you'd like one for rpm 4.2 systems you can: use the one in yum 1.96 -
http://linux.duke.edu/yum/

wait until I fix up depchecktree for 4.2

won't take long to do.

-sv