RE: DHCP Assigned IP Addresses

How about running a 'hostname' command in the %pre or %post sections?

-Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: Lynn, Michael (IDS DM&DS) [mailto:MLynn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 4:05 PM
To: 'kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: DHCP Assigned IP Addresses

Greetings.

As you are probably aware, kickstart supports building servers with dhcp
assigned ip addresses.

My question has to do with the default behaviour of dhcpcd.  If I build a
server using a ks.cfg with

network --device eth0 --bootproto dhcp

the ifup script ends up executing dhcpcd with a -H and assigns a hostname to
the server that is provided by the dhcp server.  I would like to avoid this
and have the server hostname be assigned from /etc/hosts.

My first thought is to insert code into the ks.cfg that patches
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup to avoid using the -H flag on dhcpcd.

Anyone tackle this yet?  Any suggestions?

TIA,
Mike