Re: automated installation for RHL + JAVA

Install the JRE 1.4.1 RPM in the %post section of the ks.cfg.

                      "Avner BenHanoch"
                      <avner@xxxxxxxxx>            To:      <kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                     cc:
                      kickstart-list-admin         Subject: automated installation for RHL + JAVA
                      @redhat.com
                      No Phone Info
                      Available

                      04/03/2003 11:54 AM
                      Please respond to
                      kickstart-list

Hi,

I am a newbie in this domain.  I know that kickstart can automate the
installation of RHL for me.  However, I want that JAVA (JRE 1.4.1) will be
installed to as part of my RHL installation.  I downloaded the appropriate
file from java.sun.com and extracted the RPM from it.
Can I create distribution of LINUX that conatins and install that RPM.  Can
this installation be automatic for all the parameters the JRE ask the user
for too?

Kindly thanks,
  Avner