RE: ssh keys

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, John wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Steve Traylen wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Skahan, Vince wrote:
> >

> > > I load a rpm with the keys during my kickstart.
> >
> > Which is a really bad idea generally since now your
> > private key is sitting on webserver, nfsserver.
> >

> You're jumping to conclusions there. Most of *my* webservers are
> accessible only privately.

But the installed node must now have access to the keys at user level
rather than at just root level as it should be? Unless you
reboot the machine with different identity to its install
identity perhaps. Maybe you trust all your users, and
services as well of course. My point was the general one that
its usually a bad idea though.

 Steve

--
Steve Traylen